Ushering (ages 12+)
CURRENTLY SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR: A Charlie Brown Christmas. Space is limited, reserve your spot to usher TODAY!
Most of our volunteers get involved by ushering for performances. We have nearly 300 performances and about 95,000 audience members every year, each of whom needs to get from the parking lot to their seat. We rely almost exclusively on volunteers to make this possible.
Usher Responsibilities Include:
- Tearing tickets
- Distributing show programs
- Assisting audience members to their seats
- Quickly walking through the theater after performances to pick up programs
As a thank you, we provide Ushers with ticket vouchers to see future Stages Theatre Company productions, an invite to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet, along with other perks and benefits.
AGE LIMIT: For the safety of everyone involved, ALL USHERS MUST BE 12 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER and demonstrate effective customer service skills. Stages Theatre Co. relies on ushers in emergency situations, and strives to have the safest experience possible.
FURTHER READING: GUIDELINES FOR USHERING
Scheduling is a first come, first served basis.
PLEASE NOTE: For the safety of the children and families we serve, please note that all volunteers must agree to a Child Protection Background Check. Cost for this is covered by Stages Theatre Company.
Volunteer ushering requires you to be on your feet and able to move up and down stairs. Some light lifting may be required. Volunteer Usher hours vary. Time commitment is usually 2 hrs per shift.
We understand conflicts & emergencies arise, however, 2 no-shows to scheduled usher shifts could result in removal from the volunteer program. We rely on our ushers to be present and up to the task at hand for entire shift providing excellent customer service to our patrons.
Office Work (ages 16+)
On an as-needed-basis: Office duties typically require working with files, organizing data, scanning photos & documents, making copies and computer data entry when applicable. Office work hours are weekdays between 9:00am and 3:00pm, when needed.
Miscellaneous Projects (ages 16+)
1. Events require very hands on volunteers. Responsibilities can include (but are not limited to) setting up and breaking down materials, working at information and will-call tables, handing out resources, etc. Each event has unique elements and responsibilities vary accordingly. When you volunteer for particular events, STC will always welcome you to stay and enjoy that event.
2. We always have projects that require special expertise, particularly in the areas of volunteer management, set building, costume shop ambassadors, etc. If you have special talents and interests in these areas, we’d like to talk with you. Miscellaneous project hours vary according to the project.
Please fill out our Volunteer Form Online: Volunteer Form