DreamWorks MADAGASCAR – A Musical Adventure follows the journey of a zebra, a giraffe, a hippo and a lion! To get ready: Here are FIVE fun facts about LIONS ~
* A lion’s roar can be heard from as far as 5 miles away.
* A lion can run for short distances at 50 mph and leap as far as 36 feet.
* The darker the mane, the older the lion.
* A lion’s heels don’t touch the ground when it walks.
* A lion may sleep up to 20 hours a day.
* African lions are the most social of all big cats and live together in groups or “prides.” A pride consists of about 15 lions.
* Even though the lion is sometimes referred to as the “king of the jungle,” it actually only lives in grasslands and plains.
DreamWorks Madagascar—A Musical Adventure
June 29 – August 5, 2018
Based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture. Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Original music and lyric by George Noriega & Joel Someillan.
Directed by Sandy Boren-Barrett
Come “Move it, Move it” with us this summer as Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the Hippo and, of course, those uproariously plotting penguins enter our stage in the musical adventure of Madagascar. Not content to live in blissful captivity, Marty lets his curiosity takeover as he makes his escape to explore the world. His friends and some unusual penguins will not be left behind as they all embark on an unforgettable voyage.
Madagascar is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2pm
- Audio Described (AD) Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2 pm
- Sensory-Friendly Performances: Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10am