Announcing Auditions for CHARLOTTE'S WEB and FISH IN A TREE Auditions for CHARLOTTE'S WEB and FISH IN A TREE will take place on 7/30/2018 & 7/31/2018. For both Charlotte's Web and…
DreamWorks MADAGASCAR – A Musical Adventure follows the journey of a lion, zebra, a giraffe and a hippo! To get ready: Here are FIVE (plus a few more) fun facts about HIPPOS ~
* Hippos are considered the second largest land animal on Earth (first place goes to the elephant!)
* To stay cool in the blistering African heat, hippos spend most of their day in rivers and lakes.
* Their eyes, nose and ears are located on the top of their head, which means they can see and breathe whilst submerged in the water. What’s more, these super-cool creatures sweat an oily red liquid which helps protect their skin from drying out – and acts as a sunblock, too! Cool, huh?
* They are large semi-aquatic mammals.
* Today, they are largely confined to protected areas in East African countries.
* Hippos are most active at night, when they forage for food. They are herbivores, and eat mostly grass – and boy do they eat grass! In just one night, they can guzzle down up to 35kg of their favorite grub!
* Despite their enormous size, hippos are great swimmers and can hold their breath for up to five minutes underwater.
* When completely submerged, their ears and nostrils fold shut to keep water out.
* Female hippos, called cows, give birth every two years, usually to a single calf. Soon after birth, the mother and her baby join up with other cows and calves for protection against predators, such as crocodiles, lions and hyenas.
* In the wild hippos live for around 40 years. In captivity, they tend to live longer and may reach up to 50 years old.
#stcMadagascar #GloriatheHippo #AnimalFunFacts #Hippos
DreamWorks Madagascar—A Musical Adventure
June 29 – August 5, 2018
Based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture. Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Original music and lyric by George Noriega & Joel Someillan.
Directed by Sandy Boren-Barrett
Come “Move it, Move it” with us this summer as Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the Hippo and, of course, those uproariously plotting penguins enter our stage in the musical adventure of Madagascar. Not content to live in blissful captivity, Marty lets his curiosity takeover as he makes his escape to explore the world. His friends and some unusual penguins will not be left behind as they all embark on an unforgettable voyage.
Madagascar is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2pm
- Audio Described (AD) Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2 pm
- Sensory-Friendly Performances: Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10am