Announcing Auditions for CHARLOTTE'S WEB and FISH IN A TREE Auditions for CHARLOTTE'S WEB and FISH IN A TREE will take place on 7/30/2018 & 7/31/2018. For both Charlotte's Web and…
DreamWorks MADAGASCAR – A Musical Adventure follows the journey of a lion, a hippo, a giraffe and a zebra! To get ready: Here are FIVE (plus a few more) fun facts about ZEBRA ~
* Zebras are very fast-moving animals, and can reach speeds of up to 65kmph when galloping across the plains. This is just fast enough to outpace predators such as lions. Foals can run with the herd within a few hours of birth.
* A zebra’s stripy coat is thought to disperse more than 70 per cent of incoming heat, preventing the animal from overheating in the African sun.
* A zebra’s stripes help camouflage the animal in long grass, and distract predators.
* A zebra’s stripes act like an equine fingerprint – each individual’s pattern is unique.
* Like horses, zebras sleep standing up, and usually only when in the safety of a group.
* For protection, zebra groups often come together in large herds, regularly mixing with other grazers such as wildebeest.
* One of the most extraordinary phenomena in the natural world is the annual 1,800-mile migration of millions of zebra, blue wildebeest and other antelope between the Serengeti in Tanzania and Kenya’s Masai Mara in a constant search of food and water.
* In Ancient Rome, Grevy’s zebra were trained to pull chariots at Roman circuses under the alias ‘hippotigris’ (‘horse-tiger’).
DreamWorks Madagascar—A Musical Adventure
June 29 – August 5, 2018
Based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture. Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Original music and lyric by George Noriega & Joel Someillan.
Directed by Sandy Boren-Barrett
Come “Move it, Move it” with us this summer as Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the Hippo and, of course, those uproariously plotting penguins enter our stage in the musical adventure of Madagascar. Not content to live in blissful captivity, Marty lets his curiosity takeover as he makes his escape to explore the world. His friends and some unusual penguins will not be left behind as they all embark on an unforgettable voyage.
Madagascar is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2pm
- Audio Described (AD) Performances: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2 pm
- Sensory-Friendly Performances: Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10am