COME WORK WITH US!
Stages Theatre Company is committed to the enrichment and education of children and youth in a professional theatre environment that stimulates artistic excellence and personal growth.
For the safety of the children and families we serve, please note that all employees must agree to a Child Protection Background Check. Cost for this is covered by Stages Theatre Company.
We currently have the following positions open at here Stages Theatre Company:
Education Associate (Full Time)
Stages Theatre Company is seeking a full-time Education Associate to join its team. The Education Program at STC serves over 20,000 students in the metropolitan area and greater Minnesota. We seek an Education Associate to join us in growing and strengthening curriculum and its execution in many of our programs, such as: in-school residency work in theatre at levels K-12, literacy arts integration, and social justice theatre; afterschool production programs; community educations courses; and teaching in our Acting Conservatory. The Education Associate will provide support for the Stages Theatre Company education department mission, philosophy and annual goals and objectives, and report to the Education Director. This is a leadership position that can have a lasting impact on the organization. The ideal candidate is an established teaching artist with a passion for educating the whole student through the lens of theatre who wants to join a team of theatre artists who believe the mission of STC fully.
- BA or BFA in Theatre or related field; teacher certification a plus, but not required
- Three years experience as a teaching artist that includes developing curriculum, facilitating workshops and residencies for diverse student populations, and collaborating with teachers. Experience as lead teaching artist is preferred.
- Ability to teach Musical Theatre as music director who can accompany OR choreographer who can teach dance technique is a plus.
- Highly organized, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- MS Office proficiency
- Must have valid driver’s license and a car
Full time salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, Teaching Resume with 2-3 references, and a sample lesson plan to Artistic Director, Sandy Boren-Barrett: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Education Associate Search – FIRST & LAST NAME” in the subject line.
Stages Theatre Company is dedicated to creating a space where diverse opinions, courageous dialogue, and local, national, and international community engagement is not only valued, but vital to our shared artistic and educational success. We make this pledge in the hope of curating a welcome home for all. Artists of color are strongly encouraged to apply.