EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT STAGES THEATRE COMPANY
COME WORK WITH US!
Marketing and Public Relations Manager/Director
ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND: Stages Theatre Company (STC) is committed to the enrichment and education of children and youth in a professional theatre environment that stimulates artistic excellence and personal growth.
Founded in 1984, Stages Theatre Company has grown to become one of the largest and most respected professional theatres for young audiences in the country. The company is a recognized leader and has received a number of regional and national awards for its work in the theatre arts and arts education. STC operates out of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, a 37,000 square foot multi-disciplinary art facility located on Mainstreet in the heart of downtown Hopkins. The company serves over 130,000 young people and their families annually through its production, education and in-school outreach programs.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Manager / Director plays a critical role in the success of Stages Theatre Company. This position leads the development of our strategic marketing and public relations plan, and implements creative tactics to promote and grow our arts and education programing. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role works closely with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors Marketing Committee to execute these plans. This position also collaborates with our Social Media Marketing Associate to ensure a consistent marketing message across all promotional materials.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead the development of strategic marketing and public relations plans for Stages Theatre Company; manage all aspects of the annual plan, including budgets and timelines.
- Manage and be responsible for all aspects of the Stages Theatre Company brand.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media representatives, with a goal of expanding our media coverage.
- Provide graphic design for all Stages marketing collateral (print and digital).
- Lead the design and development of our most significant marketing tool – our season brochure.
- Purchase and manage all advertising media partnerships and contracts.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with marketing vendors.
- Manage and attend all public relations events, community relations and trade shows.
- Lead and manage the annual season kick-off activities.
- Develop content for news releases, brochures, etc.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors Marketing Committee to execute the organization’s strategic and tactical marketing and public relations plans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in Marketing/Public Relations and a passion for theatre arts.
- Demonstrated success in implementing creative marketing strategies.
- Solid proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress.
- Proven success with Media relations and establishing new contacts.
- Familiarity of Social Media, html/web design and video editing a plus, but not required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative and continuous improvement mindset; values new ideas and opportunities to improve.
- Ability to engage respectfully, collaboratively and professionally with people of different values and styles.
- Ability to manage a budget, with an eye on cost saving opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in event and project management.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Stages Theatre Company also offers a positive work environment, excellent benefits and a mission you can stand behind.
Targeted start date: December 1, 2017 or earlier, if possible.
TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, three professional references, and portfolio or website, (if available) to Susan Swenson, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2017
Stages Theatre Company is committed to the enrichment and education of children and youth in a professional theatre environment that stimulates artistic excellence and personal growth.
For the safety of the children and families we serve, please note that all employees must agree to a Child Protection Background Check. Cost for this is covered by Stages Theatre Company.
Stages Theatre Company is dedicated to creating a space where diverse opinions, courageous dialogue, and local, national, and international community engagement is not only valued, but vital to our shared artistic and educational success. We make this pledge in the hope of curating a welcome home for all. Artists of color are strongly encouraged to apply.