Questions Concerning Our Online Privacy Practices
From time to time, for example, because of changes in the law or technology or the way we operate our business, we may ask your permission to use the personal information we have collected from you in new or different ways.
What Personal Information Do We Collect on Our Websites?
We collect the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our sites, for example, the information you provide when you place an online order for tickets or register for classes and the information you submit when you send us an e-mail with comments and questions.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve our sites and make them more compatible with the technology used by our visitors
We collect information from cookies. Cookies do not identify you personally. We use these cookies to collect statistical information about the ways visitors use our site “which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We analyze this information in statistical form to better understand our visitors” interests and needs and to improve the content and functionality of our sites.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
STC uses the personal information collected through STC Sites to provide the information, products and services you request; to provide you with information about products and services offered by STC; to improve our products and services; to improve our sites; to better market our products and services; and for any other purpose we disclose to you in a specific Privacy Notice.
When you email an inquiry to us, we receive your email address and any other information you choose to include in your email. The content of any email inquiries received by STC shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Any inquiries or materials sent to STC through this site shall become the sole property of STC. STC shall be free to use any such inquiries or materials for any and all purposes of its sole choosing, without payment of any compensation.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share personal information collected through our sites with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide support services to us (such as data storage and web hosting services) or that help us market our products and services. When we share personal information with our third party service providers, these service providers are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you wish to update your personal information or remove yourself from any or all STC communications, please send us an email or write to us at the above postal address and provide the updated personal information or indicate which type(s) of communication(s) you no longer wish to receive. If you currently receive email promotions/newsletters from STC, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
STC uses carefully selected service providers to process credit card transactions on our behalf. When you provide credit card information through this site, your information goes directly from your computer to a server operated by our service provider. Our service providers use your credit card information only to process your transaction and are bound by contract to treat all of your personal information as confidential. For your security, our service providers do not share your credit card information with us.
We take reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information we collect. Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases.
Links to Third-Party Websites
STC’s sites are not directed at nor targeted to children under the age of 13. We do not use our sites to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information to one of our sites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
Principles, Actions and Beliefs
- We do not sell donor information.
- We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
- We will collect, use and share information about our donors among employees and volunteers only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out STC’s mission.
Collection of Donor Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. The following are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via email, our website, mail, phone, or in person.
- When you register for an event via email, our website, mail, phone, or in person.
- When you make a contribution via our website, mail, phone, or in person.
From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in other ways not described above.
Online collection and processing of credit card information is done using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology via a secure third party payment service, Vantiv. Credit card information is stored on secure servers hosted by our Customer Relationship Management system, Tessitura.
Use and Disclosure of Donor Personal Information
Stages Theatre Company will:
- Not sell, trade, or disclose your contact information, or other personally identifiable information with any third parties.
- Not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- Only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- Collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- Use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- Use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. If you use a credit or debit card on our website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
You have the right to review information that we collect about you, as well as the right to opt out of STC communications. To review that information, or to discontinue contact, please notify us in writing at Development Director, Stages Theatre Company, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343.
STC Donor Bill of Rights
- The right to be informed of the the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- The right to be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- The right to have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- The right to be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- The right to receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition or to remain anonymous if desired.
- The right to expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- The right to be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- The right to have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- The right to feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.