An Actor Training Program for Youth Performers
Inspire the Imagination, Develop Acting Skills,
Build Confidence, Support Creative Expression
Stages Theatre Company’s Acting Conservatory offers actor training for youth performers ages 6-17, who have a desire to explore the art of stage performance. Our program is dedicated to developing each student as an individual artist and honoring their own unique expression. It is designed to inspire students’ creativity, hone their acting skills, examine their performance techniques and build their confidence. See the complete 2017-18 Acting Conservatory Brochure
REGISTER via CLASS LINKS BELOW
QUESTIONS? Contact Conservatory Director JEANNINE COULOMBE
via EMAIL or by phone 952-979-1106
FIRST STAGE (Ages 6-7) – Our youngest students explore stories, create characters and play constructive acting games designed to build their acting skills and gain confidence to perform for an audience. READ MORE + REGISTER
CENTER STAGE (Ages 7-8) – Students take a step up from First Stage to build self-confidence and acting skills while creating characters, constructing scenes, performing short plays and practicing beginning musical theatre skills. READ MORE + REGISTER
JUNIOR CONSERVATORY (Ages 9-11) – Students engage in a more in-depth approach to developing their acting skills through creating original work, studying musical theatre, playing with improvisation, and performing short plays. READ MORE + REGISTER
JUNIOR CONSERVATORY: Musical Theatre (Ages 10-12)– NEW CLASS! Geared for youth actors who want to focus on musical theatre. The class will build skills in the three disciplines it takes to perform musical theatre—singing, dancing, and acting. Learn to act a song, move in character and build ensemble to tell musical stories. READ MORE + REGISTER
TEEN CONSERVATORY (Ages 12-17) – A comprehensive program designed to allow teen performers to build their acting skills and explore different theatre techniques to succeed on stage, in rehearsals, and at auditions. READ MORE + REGISTER
TRAINING ACADEMY (Ages 10-17) Master classes designed for students to hone in on learning specialty skills – such as singing, dancing, and auditioning. Classes offered include:
- MUSICAL THEATRE TRAINING ACADEMY (Ages 10-17) – An intensive 4-week musical theatre class focusing on both singing and dance training with a professional choreographer and vocal singing coach. Success on the musical theatre stage requires building your musical theatre skills. This class will assist in training both your singing and dancing skills for that success. READ MORE + REGISTER
- AUDITION BOOT CAMP (Ages 10-17) – An 8-week master class on everything you need to know about auditioning. Learn to show your best at an audition, including the prepared monologue and song, the dance/ movement audition, callbacks, cold readings and cold singing. READ MORE + REGISTER
STAGES THEATRE COMPANY IS DEDICATED TO:
- Developing each student as an individual artist
- Honoring each student’s unique expression.
- Assisting each student in growing as a stage performer.
OUR CLASSES ARE DESIGNED TO:
- Develop students skills over time.
- Allow students to enter with any level of experience.
- Challenge students in new and exciting ways each term.
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Payment plans are available for Teen Conservatory Track Training. Tuition assistance is available for all classes. There is a $5 handling fee added per student.
A $25 deposit (part of your registration fee) and all handling fees are non-refundable.
Refunds will be issued (minus deposit and handling fee) if you cancel at least one week prior to the class start date.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
ONLINE: Registration links found under each class section.
PHONE: 952-979-1111, option 4
TUES.-SAT., 12 NOON-6:00 PM
At the Parent Portal, we have Tuition Assistance Forms, maps to schools, Emergency Forms, general policy information, and contact information for Stages Theatre Company education staff. Feel free to click on the green star and get your questions answered!