CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Stages Theatre Company (STC) is committed to the enrichment and education of children and youth in a professional theatre environment that stimulates artistic excellence and personal growth.
Stages Theatre Company is dedicated to creating a space where diverse opinions, courageous dialogue, and local, national, and international community engagement is not only valued, but vital to our shared artistic and educational success. We make this pledge in the hope of curating a welcome home for all. Artists of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1984, Stages Theatre Company has grown to become one of the largest and most respected professional theatres for young audiences in the country. The company is a recognized leader and has received a number of regional and national awards for its work in the theatre arts and arts education. STC operates out of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, a 37,000 square foot multi-disciplinary art facility located on Mainstreet in the heart of downtown Hopkins. The company welcomes over 150,000 young people and their families annually through its production, education and in-school outreach programs.
For the safety of the children and families we serve, please note that all employees must agree to a Child Protection Background Check. Cost for this is covered by Stages Theatre Company.
ACCOUNTING AND OFFICE MANAGER
The Accounting and Office Manager is responsible for maintaining the accounting records of Stages Theatre Company. This is a key role in the day-to-day operations of the organization. Duties include recording all financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and processing payroll. Additional responsibilities include management of the facilities and office equipment. The Accounting Manager possesses a broad array of skills and abilities including familiarity with accounting methodology and software, strong organization skills, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Key areas of leadership and responsibility
- Manage accounts payable and receivable processes
- Prepare general ledger journal entries
- Prepare invoices and follow up on past due accounts
- Prepare vendor checks and ensure timely payment of invoices
- Prepare and process payroll
- Prepare month-end financial reports
- Complete all account reconciliations
- Provide support for the annual audit
- Create and maintain STC’s Chart of Accounts
- Manage STC’s state and federal tax responsibilities
- Supervise the maintenance of office
- Manage records retention for the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Passionate about STC’s mission, vision and values
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Competent with systems, including accounting software and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to engage respectfully and professionally with people of different values and styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset: values new ideas and opportunities to improve
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Starting salary range is $42,000 to $45,000. Stages Theatre Company also offers a positive work environment, excellent benefits, and a mission you can stand behind.